Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yes to Tomatoes: Blemish Clearing Facial Towelettes

Every time I took a “small” trip to Walgreens I would always see products from the Yes To . . . line. I would see shampoo’s, conditioners, moisturizers and toners and thought to myself: “Hmm, those seem nice. I should try them out one day”. However I never bought any of the products, until about a month ago. I was having some problems with my acne so I decided to buy the Yes to Tomatoes Blemish Clearing Facial Towelettes.

    These wipes are made to treat acne and are conveniently packaged so you can use them while on the road. The Product contains Salicylic Acid and tomato extract to give you smooth glowing acne-free skin. It also contains witch hazel and watermelon to give your skin a refreshing feel and chock-full of vitamins to give you beautiful, healthy skin.
The Look

    I found that the packaging was very convenient and more effective than any other wipe I have bought in the past. The opening used to remove wipes has a clasp that closes securely so that no bacteria can go into the container. It is also small enough to fit in your purse or backpack when going out. It brings 25 wipes for seven dollars, making it both convenient and cost-effective. All wipes are biodegradable and have a very refreshing yet subtle clean scent.


My experience

    The first time I used the product it felt very refreshing and made my face feel very clean. It didn’t feel too dry and helped remove any extra residue my makeup may have left behind, therefore I felt it was doing it’s job. I used it once a day during that first week and got very good results. However, once I entered the second week, I noticed my skin started reacting differently, I was now getting more blemishes! I hadn’t changed anything else in my daily routine so I assumed it was caused by the wipes. Just to make sure that the wipes were causing this effect on my skin, I decided to stop using them for a few days and then try them again. After a few days without the wipes, my skin cleared up. However, once I started using the wipes again, the blemishes returned!

    I couldn’t understand why this was happening, since I was getting such great results the first week. If anyone has and idea of why this could have happened please let me know.


Final Verdict

    I would not give this product a completely negative review since it did do what was promised. The problem was that the results did not last very long. I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem with the product but I just think it’s not for me. However, I encourage you to try it out and see if you have better luck. It might just work great on your skin!

Rating
4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment