Saturday, June 9, 2012

Product Review: Curls Unleashed Second Chance Curl Refresher

Ok, so I have been using this product for about a month now and have gotten very familiar with it. When you squeeze some out of the bottle it almost looks like a gel, but the consistency is less sticky. The product is marketed as a “curl refresher” and it certainly lives up to that name.

Pros:
The product does not create buildup and it doesn’t feel heavy on your hair. It smells like gumdrops and as a styling product I think it is very, very good. If you want to refresh twist-outs or give your second day hair some life then this product is just for you. (Honestly my curls hold their shape for a lot longer after using this product)

Another benefit is that you get a lot of product for an affordable price. I really only use about a tablespoon of the product a week and it does the job.

Cons:

 Now, although it says it is also a moisturizing product, I didn’t feel any particular moisturizing activity going on. I still had to apply my leave-in conditioner beforehand to avoid having my hair look dry.
Also, you need to dampen your hair before applying the product, so it might not be as efficient for a quick dry-hair styling product as maybe a pomade or styling cream.

**It does contain Glycerin, but I did not want to necessarily add this as a con since it is a quick solution for dry hair. With this you'll get the shine you need all day.**


How to use:

Personally I found that the best way to use it was as the last step in my hair regime. After washing my hair I apply a leave-in conditioner and then a dollop of the curl refresher. The reason I use the leave-in first is because, as I mentioned before, when I used the product by itself it left my hair feeling dry. Then I either let it air dry or use a diffuser.

**One cool thing about this product is that even if you don’t use a diffuser your hair won’t look flat.**


Final verdict:

I will have to give this product a B+. It is not my favorite styling product but it does what it says and gives you excellent results.

Here's a picture of my hair after using the product:







No comments:

Post a Comment